Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Scraps of Turkish and Greek

Here is what I recollect learning from Turkey / Greece.

Let it be known that at one point in time, yes, I was able to ask someone in Turkey A) how much (the giant pretzel) cost and B) where is the bathroom, and solicit an actual response. Possibly out of pity, but we'll never know. 99% sure it's because I sounded that good.

Also, I'm writing the phrases phonetically, how I best remember them. They are probably not very accurate, but I would rather be honest than come off as some pretentious worldly douche who knows aaaaaalll the languages. If I did that I would probably have to start dressing in pink shorts and boat shoes, which I don't think I'd be able to pull off.

Turkish:

Thank you: tekkshem edereem
Thank you: sao
Where is the toilet?: tuvalet naredeen?

Greek:

Thank you: ehfaristo



No comments:

Post a Comment