Monday, January 14, 2013

The Water Bottle Story


As a precursor to this story, it is good to know that I have a reputation for getting free food for some reason.  Call it the starving-baby-looking-Asian-girl-affect? The most well-known place where I am a regular recipient is Cheeseboard, back at Berkeley. But okay, that is not the point.
This story takes place on our last night in Istanbul, which was definitely my craziest. After our night of debauchery, we decide it is time for some midnight snacks. At some point, I end up with warm chest nuts from the stalls in my hand. Not sure how that happened. Okay. I eat the chestnuts and they are yummy and apparently they were free because the stall was closing (?) or we were talking to them (?) and they were being nice (?). Point is, this inflates my alread already-inflated ego and all the sudden, I decide to promise Julie that I would get her a free hamburger from the burger joint. My memory is a little patchy, but it all goes down kind of like this:

Me: Hello! We are American and this is our last night and we have no money! Free hamburger?
Worker: What? You want 1 hamburger?
Me: Yes but we don't want to pay we are Amerian and this is our last night and we have no money!!
Worker: What?
Me: Okay, here is my credit card!!!
Worker: Okay
Me: Then can I have that water bottle?
Worker: Okay, you want one water bottle.
Me: OKAY THANKS!!!
Worker: What?
Me: OKAY YOU GAVE THIS TO ME I AM TAKING THIS NOW OKAY BYEEEE~ (: (: (:

And there is the story of how I stole a water bottle from the most popular burger restaurant in Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment